Sunday, January 16, 2011

Last Day of Pretour

Brussels & Eurostar

Brussels was pretty at night. It seemed similar to Bruges and was fun to walk around in at night. Thankfully the rain had stopped. There was a cute statue of a peeing boy that is very famous for Brussels. The funny thing about this statue is that many Belgian chocolate shops make huge chocolate versions of the peeing little boy. No, I did not buy one, but I took a picture J
            I’m sure you are all dying to know about the famous Belgian chocolate… It is better than you can imagine. The Belgians take advantage of this and have lots of expensive chocolate shops around the town of Bruges especially. There are all types of chocolates. I will post a picture to torture everyone with their lack of Belgian chocolate lol. Also, Belgian waffles are better here. But that’s mainly because they add fresh whipped cream on top with chocolate spread (Nutella) on top and different types of fresh fruit. I hope to replicate them when I come home J
            In the morning, there was a power outage in the Brussels hotel. It ended up fine. I managed to pack all my stuff in the dark and didn’t forget anything. I did slip when I went down the stairs in the dark to get to the lobby, but I survived. Then we went on a tour of Brussels. Besides the old part of town that was very nice and similar to Bruges, there is a newer part that reminds me of a dirty part of L.A. This is not really a place I wanted to visit again. Maybe I would’ve been more interested if we took a tour of the European Union building while we were there. We happened to spend about 2 hours touring this city and I felt like it was too much time. I was happy to say goodbye to that part of Belgium.
            We got to take the Eurostar from Brussels to Belgium which seemed exciting but just felt like an average lengthy Metrolink ride, except our ears kept popping with pressure differences. I arrived in London at night so I didn’t get to see much of the city except the train station. And all I really wanted was a good rest after my long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment