Monday, March 28, 2011

Sunday in Spitalfields

At the Old Spitalfields Market. Spitalfields comes from the old Roman Hospitalfields, which was shortened to Spitalfields. There is a market in this area every weekend.

I was horribly attacked by killer bunnies. They may look harmless... but how do you think I got that red gash down my body? hm? Killer bunnies! Fortunately, I was in the old Spitalfields so a doctor patched me up.

The Up Market in the East End. This is on Brick Lane, one of my most frequented places in London. Brick Lane has lots of curry places. Inside the Up Market, there were food stands serving Jamaican, Ethiopian, Chinese, Indian, Spanish and any other type of food you could imagine!

After the Sunday Up Market, I went to Covent Garden for some souvenir shopping. At an outdoor stand, I ate this yummy dish of paella. I was so glad to try it, especially since I didn't eat any in Spain. Let me just say paella is (without any doubt in my mind) the best Spanish food ever invented. This multi-culturalism is one of the reasons that London is amazing.

I went for a walk through Regent's Park, but thought it'd be nice to take a picture next to a tube sign, which I see every day. They are as common to me as traffic signals or street signs may be to you.

After the walk through Regent's Park, my friend and I went on a quest to find "Nancy's Steps." Nancy, one of my favorite characters in Charles Dickens' Oliver Twist, was spied on here on these steps while delivering information that would save Oliver's life. The spy would have hidden at the spot that I did. That's why I'm posing in this peculiar fashion. These steps are located underneath London Bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment