Saturday, April 16, 2011

Farewell, London!

It was hard to leave London. Everything was done in such a rush. I was up late packing and only got 3 hours of sleep before having to wake up to get to the airport. I woke up 10 minutes before my cab arrived that was supposed to take me to the airport. I said my goodbyes quickly, trying to blink away any tear that came to my eye. I rode away from my home in the cab by myself and got to see me last views of London. It was truly an amazing city. There was no way that I could have seen all of it in my visit. This is precisely why London is such a great place. It has everything--incredible theatres, free art and history museums, live music joints all across the city, beautiful gardens and parks, astonishing architecture, delicious food, interesting people, more history than can be absorbed and atmosphere. London is a place where you can find yourself and see how you fit in the world.

Sitting at home, it strikes me how easy it is to leave a country. I was packed, I said goodbye, I got on a plane and then I was gone. It was so simple--too simple. I miss it all already. The only solution is to revisit London. As sad as I am to be away from Europe, the more I can anticipate my return. And, to everyone out there who has read this blog, thank you. I've enjoyed writing it. Also, I hope that you don't think your own adventure in Europe is an impossibility. The only thing standing between you and the city you've always wanted to visit is an airplane ride. Don't get weighed down by the obstacles. Trust me, it is worth the cost... This has been an experience that I will remember forever. I hope you are encouraged to go have your own adventures in Europe!
All the best
-Ammanda

2 comments:

  1. Ammanda,

    Thanks for taking to the time to journal your adventure...I was able to "visit" Europe through your eyes :)

    Glad you're back.

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I agree that a trip to Europe is an adventure and all it takes is plane ride...and someone else's credit card. If you add a touch of insanity, a desire to join the French foreign legion, and a supermodel, these experiences in Europe will leave lasting impacts on your life, and in my case, interpols most wanted list....

    ReplyDelete