Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Ciao Roma!

 The reason I came to Rome--the Colosseum. It's a grand building, but strange to think that gladiators once fought there. Visiting the Colosseum was the first thing I did in Rome. I spent most of my trip visiting the historical Roman sites around the city, and eating gelato. It was so hot in Rome that gelato was everybody's excuse to stop and rest for awhile. While in Rome, I also visited Vatican City and saw all the famous sights.
 In case it isn't obvious enough, I am pointing at the Colosseum. It was shocking to see how huge it was.
 Overlooking the remains of the Roman Forum.
 My first taste of gelato in Rome. I ate gelato every day after I discovered how delicious it was.
 My favorite place in Rome--the Trevi Fountain. I don't know its history or anything at all, I just love it for its beauty.
 This was some cheesy lasagna. The Italian food in Rome was good, but not anything I would return for.
 A picture of me and Pinocchio. If you've heard rumors that he is a "real boy" now, they are all lies. I sat next to him and he didn't move or say one word to me!
 I don't know what this building is, but it was so beautiful with its waving Italian flags that I had to have a picture with it.
Unfortunately, I wasn't allowed to take pictures in the Sistine Chapel. It was amazing to see. The paintings jumped off of the walls at me. I got a funky crick in my neck from staring at the ceiling after that. After visiting the Sistine Chapel, my camera died and I couldn't take any more pictures. I also visited the famous Spanish steps, spent a couple hours sitting in front of the Trevi Fountain and ate even more gelato! Overall, I enjoyed the history of Rome. The ancient buildings were wonderful to see.

1 comment:

  1. You thought the coliseum was big...(giggles)

    ReplyDelete