Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A Few Days in Dublin

Every weekend trip, I stay in hostels because they are less expensive. The accommodations are not hotel quality, but it's good enough to sleep and shower in.

 The city was in the first bloom of spring. The parks were lovely to walk through. The grass was lush and green and the flowers had bloomed.
 My first traditional Irish meal. This is beef and Guinness stew. It was so delicious! Irish food is now in my top three favorite types of food. It was hearty and reminded me of Midwest/Southern country style cooking.
 This is the Temple Bar that is famous. There is a whole area in Dublin called Temple Bar, named after this one bar. The Temple Bar area is touristy and expensive, with lots of pubs, restaurants and bars. Almost every place in Temple Bar has live music, usually traditional Irish music. I only ate in a Temple Bar restaurant once because of the steep prices.
 This is part of Dublin Castle.
 The lovely Christ Church Cathedral
This was my favorite part of Ireland. I took a day trip out to the Cliffs of Moher. It was an amazing place to visit. I was tempted to get very close to the edge. I guess being a little daredevil never hurts. It was worth it for the pictures I got. =)
Goodbye, Dublin!

No comments:

Post a Comment